St George's Experience
Faithful and daring.
You have one chance to educate your children - give them the best. Give them the St George's experience.
- Academic excellence – achievement levels that are significantly above the national average across all year levels. Our high academic standards have a positive effect on new children coming into the school.
- Small class sizes – maximum class size of 22.
- Exceptional team of specialist teachers.
- Positive expectations of conduct – St George’s students are courteous, respectful and well mannered. They take pride in themselves and in their school.
- Individual students’ all-round development is closely monitored and those needing extra tuition or extension are identified and supported.
- Surfaces for all Year 7 and 8 students – an extremely popular and motivating learning tool that is used extensively across the curriculum and for homework.
- After-school care – supervised after-school care (including afternoon tea) is available daily until 5.30pm. Great for working parents.
- Dining room – our students are able to experience sharing a meal around the table with their peers in the Wanganui Collegiate School dining room, when they come together at lunchtime.
- Spacious campus with some of the best educational facilities of any school in New Zealand.Beautiful grounds, buildings, 100-year-old Chapel.
- Compulsory team sport in summer and winter for every student.
- PCs in the junior classrooms and IT taught in a specialist suite.
- Science taught as a specialist subject in the laboratory from Year 2.
- Pastoral Care – secure family environment, every child is well known by the staff, each child is treated as an individual.
- Bus service to and from Waverley and Marton.
- Houses – House system encourages pride, camraderie and teamwork.
- Camps – annual year-group camps for all students.